Families are invited to reconnect with Liberty’s teachers and staff at the June 16 “Liberty Forward and Beyond! A Look Into Next School Year” meet-and-greet event, which will be held 5:30-6:45 p.m. Wednesday, June 16 at Liberty High School.
Parents and students are encouraged to stop by this casual, outdoor mixer, which will be held under the high school’s entrance pavilion. Light refreshments will be served.
The COVID-19 Pandemic has made it difficult for many of us to stay connected, but let’s get together to talk about what we’ve been through and what the next school year might look like. “Liberty Forward and Beyond” will include updates from district leaders about the coming 2021-22 school year and the opportunity meet and chat with:
- Superintendent Dr. Augustine E. Tornatore and Assistant Superintendent Dr. Patrick Sullivan
- Elementary School Principal Jacqueline Harris and Assistant Principal Robert England
- Middle School Principal Heather Cheh
- High School Principal Derek Adams
- Experts from the Sullivan County Department of Health
- Liberty Library’s Marjorie Linko, who will tellus about the library’s summer programming for K-8 students
- Pre-K and kindergarten teachers, who will share summer literacy materials for parent
We hope you’ll join us!
Congratulations to the talented Liberty High School student musicians who particated in the New York State School Music Association’s festival, which was held virtually on June 6.
Please join us in congratulating their success:
- Mia Barraga: Excellent
- Sincere Warren: A (90)
- Katrina Blais: A (95)
- Mia Call: B+ (89)
- Daylene Marin Garzon: B+ (88) for flute; B+ (89) for piccolo.
- Juan Romero Jimenez: A- (93)
- Nathan Desrochers: Excellent (25/28)
- Charlyanna Johnson: Good (20/28)
- Christian Marvel: Excellent (25/28)
- Zeimoni Dansby: A+(100)
- Julia Juron: A+(97)
Level 6 (All-State audition)
- Chase Racette: A+ (100)
- Jackson Wolcott: A (96)
- Julia Juron: Outstanding
- Ben Visconti: A
Section 9 Boys Soccer Chairperson and Regional United Soccer Coaches
Association representative, Pete Ferguson, released the names of the 2021 Spring New York State Boys Small School All-Star Soccer Teams yesterday. Liberty Senior Captain Owen Siegel was named to the Second Team All-Stars! Coach Debbie Simpson said “Owen has been the core of our attacking midfield the past two years and a four-year varsity player. Coach Hamlin and I couldn’t be happier for Owen and are so proud of his accomplishments. Way to go Owen! You represent Liberty with Pride.”
A few reminders important reminders from Principal Adams about graduation and other upcoming senior events:
Senior Walk | Monday, June 14
The Senior Walk will be hld 10:30 am – 12 pm Monday, June 14. The Class of 2021, dressed in caps and gowns, will walk through each school building as a class for the last time. The experience culminates in the showing of a compiled video of their elementary experiences produced by Mr. Philips.
Lineup is at 10:30 a.m. in the high school cafeteria. Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow for temperature scans and questionnaires if you do not attend in person.
Senior Assembly | Monday, June 14
The Senior Assemply will be held 6-8 pm Monday, June 15. The Class of 2021 and LHS staff are invited to attend, and the event will include the presentation of awards. The senior assembly will be livestreamed and recorded.
Seniors should wear their caps and gowns.
Graduation | Friday, June 25
The 2021 graduation ceremony will be held Friday, June 25 at the Bethel Woods Terrace Amphitheater. (Rain date: Saturday, June 26)
- Arrival time for graduates: 5 p.m. for rehearsal and class photo
- Arrival time for guests: 6:30 p.m.
- Ceremony start time: 7 p.m.
Graduation will be live streamed and recorded.
things to know about graduation
- Each graduate is permitted three guests. Guests must present their ticket at the gate.
- All attendees must wear a face mask.
- There can be no social gathering or tailgating in the parking lot, road, or vicinity of Bethel Woods.
- Any decision regarding changes to the event due to weather will be made by 3 p.m. June 25.
- Guests should present flowers and other gifts to their graduate after the ceremony.
- Graduates will be mailed a 5×7 photo of them receiving their diploma.
- Graduates will receive a commencement package containing their diploma, a graduation program, and any scholarships and awards.
- Please complete the graduation health screener and contact tracing information prior to the ceremony (not more than 24 hours) for faster entrance. It can also be completed electronically or on paper upon arrival.
Tips for Graduates
- Wear your cap and gown, and remember your tassel, sashes and cords.
- Bring your yearbook!
- A Liberty facemask will be provided to graduates.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be walking through grassy and unlevel areas.
- Bring what you need to help keep your cap (bobby pins, etc.)
Chromebooks, chargers, textbooks, wireless hotspots, musical instruments and other school items will be collected June 22 and June 23.
Here’s the collection schedule:
- Grade 12: 8 am-3:30 pm, Tues., June 22
- Grade 11: 8 am- 3:30 pm, Tues., June 22
- Grade 10: 8 am-3:30 pm, Wed., June 23
- Grade 9: 8 am-3:30 pm, Wed., June 23
Please be sure your devices are charged and include the charger block and cable. Members of the technology team will check the devices, so please power them on when you get to the return area and let them know if repairs are needed.
Students who need a Chromebook beyond the return date must make arrangements for a later return date.
Fees for unreturned items are:
- Chromebook: $300
- iPad: $100
- Chromebook charger/cable: $50
- Hotspot: $99
- Hotspot charger/cable: $20
The Liberty High School Yearbook – Libertas 2021, the Remix – has arrived and is available for purchase.
Liberty High School students and families should please take note of the following important dates in June 2021:
- Regents Dates
June 17 (English); June 22 (Living Environment); June 23 (Algebra) and June 24 (Earth Science). There are no classes and only students who have elected to take the exams attend school in person. Each exam begins at 8:15 a.m.
- June 7-18
Final Exams and Regents: We will use our 2-hour delay bell schedule to hold final assessments (excluding June 17 for the ELA Regents). All students are required to take their final assessments.
- Monday, June 21
The last day of LHS classes and the end of the fourth quarter marking period.
A/B Day Schedule
- Monday, June 7: period 1, A day
- Tuesday, June 8: period 2, B day
- Wednesday, June 9: period 3, B day, Red Cohort
- Thursday, June 10: period 4, A day
- Friday, June 11: period 5, B day
- Monday, June 14: period 6, A day
- Tuesday, June 15: period 7, B day
- Wednesday, June 16: period 8, A day, White Cohort
- Thursday, June 17: ELA Regents (no classes and only students who have elected to take the exams attend school in person)
- Friday, June 18: period 9, B day
- Monday, June 21: Last day of classes for students: normal period schedule, A day
- Tuesday, June 22: Living Environment Regents (no classes and only students who have elected to take the exams attend school in person)
- Wednesday, June 23: Algebra 1 Regents (no classes and only students who have elected to take the exams attend school in person)
- Thursday, June 24: Earth Science Regents (no classes and only students who have elected to take the exams attend school in person)
- Friday, June 25: Rating Day/Graduation
The 2021 National Association for Music Education’s All-Eastern virtual concert is now available for viewing!
Tuesday, June 1
First singles: Iain Elanbassi vs Evan Owens 2-6 2-6
Second singles: Michael vs Hobart Peter Pitaleff 2-6 2-6
Third singles: Carlos Torres vs Elijah Rubang 6-2 6-4
First doubles: Michael Burger and Jose Barragan vs Dan Peck and
Sam Tyon 1-6 5-7
Second doubles: Xander Kip and Moises Chan Calel vs Arthur Armstrong
and Caleb Hegamaster 0-6 0-6
Liberty record 0-8
Chester vs Liberty at Liberty (doubleheader)
Chester 10 Liberty 1 (first game)
Chester 17 Liberty 1 (second game)
Liberty record: 1-10
Tuesday, June 1
O’Neill 10, Liberty 6
In tough weather conditions, Liberty battled hard but ultimately lost to Sectional-bound O’Neill. A 5-run top of the 6th inning proved to be the downfall for the Indians.
Burke 176 Liberty 180 @ Hickory Hills CC
Corrine Hellerer 58
Emma Dworetsky 60
Abigail Simmons 62
Liberty record: 7-4
Section 9 Soccer Coaches Association’s Class B All Star Team
All-Section All Star Team