To ensure the safety of our students, staff, and visitors, the Liberty Central School District has implemented a single point entry system for all school buildings. This system includes the use of a camera, intercom and buzzer to gain access.
All exterior doors will remain locked and visitor access will only be available through the front door.
Before School Begins
Front doors will open (with adult supervision) at least 20 minutes prior to the first bell. Students will enter through the front door and proceed to the cafeteria or other designated location to wait until they are dismissed to class.
Parents, guardians and other visitors must follow these procedures:
During the School Day
The front doors will be locked at the time of the tardy bell. Visitors and tardy students must request entry into the building by pressing the intercom button.
After a visitor pushes the intercom button, office personnel will:
- Request that the visitor shows identification to the intercom camera and verify via School Tools that the visitor is on the student’s contact list
- Verify the reason for the visit
- Verify that the visitor has an appointment
- If the visitor does not have an appointment, the greeter will check the availability of the person they wish to visit. If that person is unavailable, the visitor will be advised to make an appointment or come back another time.
- If the visitor is able to enter, the greeter will unlock the “entry door” to enable access.
- The visitor will go directly to the greeter desk to sign in and receive a visitor pass to wear while on campus
- The person they are meeting will be contacted and respond to the greeter’s desk
- All visitors will be accompanied by a school staff member
- Before leaving campus, visitors must stop at the front office, sign out and return their visitor pass.
Students arriving late
Students who arrive after the tardy bell must report directly to the greeter desk to sign in and receive a tardy pass.
Dropping off an item for a student
When dropping off an item for a student the parent/guardian will:
- Press the intercom button
- Show identification to the intercom camera
- The visitor will be asked what they are dropping off and to whom
- The greeter will verify that the visitor is on the student’s contact list
- The parent/guardian will be asked to enter the entrance vestibule
- The parent/guardian will label the item with the provided labels and place it on the table within the vestibule
After the School Day
After 2:20 p.m. at Liberty Elementary School and 2:45 p.m. at Liberty Middle School and Liberty High School, parents/guardians are to wait outside to pick up their child. If a student must be picked up at the end of the day they are to do so before 2:45 p.m.
Visitors who need to enter the building at the end of the day will follow the procedures above.