BOE Goals and Priorities 2019 – 2024
The mission of the LCSD Board of Education
To inspire all students to pursue their dreams and to contribute and thrive in a diverse community.
Long Range Goals
Goal 1: CURRICULUM AND PROGRAM
Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS)
Annually increase the graduation rate by utilizing a MTSS framework that supports a conducive learning environment and by developing research-based intervention programs and strategies to diagnostically identify and assist at-risk students. This will promote the use of a rigorous core curriculum aligned to Next Generation Standards, providing equitable educational opportunities for all students.
- Monitor leading indicators to identify at-risk students.
- Develop and implement intervention strategies that provide pathways to success for at-risk students.
- Implement school-wide strategies to increase prosocial behaviors, reduce bullying, and create a safe, supportive learning environment.
GOAL 2: DATA
Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
Increase student achievement and teacher success through a teacher driven PLC framework. This will lead to systematic data analysis that initiates instructional improvement and enhances student performance.
- Provide professional learning opportunities to train teachers in the Next Generation Standards and related curriculum and instructional shifts.
- Increase data literacy of administrators and teachers.
- Utilize DILT, BILT, PLC, and Facilitator teams to analyze district, building, departmental, and student data.
- Provide staff time for meaningful conversations about data driven instruction. Administrators and teachers will use a data-analysis protocol to create strategies to improve student performance.
GOAL 3: TECHNOLOGY
Educational Instruction and Program
Substitution, Augmentation, Modification, Redefinition (SAMR)
Increase student achievement by aligning course curricula to the Next Generation Learning Standards. With the use of the SAMR framework to integrate technology in the classroom, the district will foster the growth of 21st Century skills.
- All administrators and teachers will become proficient in integrating technology in the classroom and learn new and innovative methods to support student learning.
- Offer STEAM and Makerspace programs, enrichment, acceleration, and interdisciplinary learning opportunities for students in core and non-core areas.
GOAL 4: FISCAL
Fiscally sound and responsible
The Board of Education will ensure that the Liberty Central School District is fiscally sound and will responsibly support the district’s goals and priorities.
- Explore innovative cost saving measures(ie. grants) while maintaining quality educational programs for all students.
- Focus on annual capital outlay projects to improve the physical plant.
- To address projected increased enrollment, the district will explore a capital project to increase district capacity.
- Relocate the buildings and grounds department in order to establish the Liberty High School Makerspace.
- Develop a 5-year fiscal plan for the district.