The Liberty Board of Education is seeking to fill a vacancy left by the recent resignation of board member Barbara Kelly.
The Board will appoint a new member at its Oct. 13 meeting. The term will expire May 18, 2021.
Board members serve as volunteers.
To apply, please submit a brief resume and a statement of why you would like to serve on the Board of Education to District Clerk Tania DeFrank at tdefrank@Libertyk12.org. Applications must be received by Sept. 21.
Board of Education members in the Liberty Central School District must meet the following qualifications:
- A citizen of the United States
- Eighteen years of age or older
- Able to read and write
- A legal resident of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family
- Cannot be an current employee of the district
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office
For further information and details, please contact the District Clerk by email or at 845-292-6990.