The Liberty Central School District is committed to providing educational resources for our students during this time away from school.
Here, our teachers share some helpful educational links to enhance at-home learning during the extended school closure.
Remote Learning with Google
Google Meet/Hangout Etiquette
- When you enter the Meet/Hangout, mute yourself.
- When you have a question, type in the textbox and wait for your teacher to call on you.
- When you have something to contribute to the discussion but it is not your turn, use the chat feature in the right-hand corner. Wait for the teacher to call on you. Then unmute yourself.
- Only one student should contribute/talk at a time
- Look into the camera when you are talking.
- Stay attentive when the teacher or other students are speaking.
The LCSD Media Centers and Libraries
- SORA: Access ebooks and audiobooks from the Liberty Central School District’s media centers. (Use the Technology Resources for Students Shared Drive to retrieve login information)
Ms. Jill Parks, our Middle School Librarian, created this terrific SORA tutorial to show you around the site.
All Grade Levels
- Khan Academy: With a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere, Khan Academy offers daily schedules and academic exercises in an exhaustive range of subjects for students ages 2-18.
- ReadWorks: Content and at-home curriculum to strengthen reading comprehension for grades K-12.
- WNET-NY/Public Television: PBS has ramped up its educational offerings for all grades in subjects from reading to science to the arts.
Freckle or MyOn login information, please email your child’s teacher.
- Freckle: Activities in ELA, math, social studies, and science
- MyOn: Thousands of digital books to help maintain and build reading and writing skills
- Scholastic Magazine: Projects for students in PreK-Grade 9 to keep them learning, thinking and growing
- Starfall:Language arts and mathematics for PreK-Grade 3
- My School is Closed Today: A digital picture book for very young students
- Scholastic Magazine : Projects for students in PreK-Grade 9 to keep them learning, thinking and growing.
- Scholastic Magazine: Projects for students in PreK-Grade 9 to keep them learning, thinking and growing.