The LHS National Art Honor Society has, over the last few years, applied for and received several grants and awards for their work in the school and community.
On Friday, Aug. 3, three officers of NAHS and their advisor Ms. Kathleen Lambert presented this year’s work to Sullivan Renaissance. The on-going projects include:
- the “I Love Art” Night at Liberty Elementary School;
- A Paint and Sip event to raise funds for the SPCA and Hurricane Relief for Puerto Rico; and
- the district-wide Art Show and Art Walk on Main Street
- new banners for the community containing work from 12 Liberty students
New projects which are just starting or are in the planning stage include:
- murals for the Elementary school; and
- a sculpture project with garden that is supposed to be up front by our flagpole.
NAHS works to be a valuable part of the high school, the Liberty Central School District, the community and the world-at-large through the work they do.