Dear Liberty Community,
This week, the Liberty Central School District distributed school work and student meals to our Elementary, Middle, and High School students.
If you were one of the many families who were unable to pick up your child’s school work, please be assured that we are working on a plan to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. We will announce those details shortly.
Here are a few additional updates:
- If you do not have access to the internet, please call 845-292-5400 ext. 2031.
- We are providing breakfast and lunch to our students while school is closed. Meals are available for pick up 9-11 a.m. each weekday morning at the High School and are being delivered by Rolling V bus drivers along their regular routes. If you have not been able to receive meals, please call 845-292-5400 ext. 2031.
- We have received inquiries regarding Third Quarter grades. More information pertaining to these topics will be shared soon.
Google Classroom for Secondary Students
The primary platform used at the secondary level is Google Classroom. However, some teachers are using additional platforms to support your child’s learning:
Teachers are posting assignments and providing minimal deadlines of 2-3 days. If your child is having difficulty meeting deadlines please contact the teacher via email or through the Google Classroom platform. Please know that our teachers will be flexible as we are all learning a new way of educating.
Teachers will provide feedback and assignment grades as students complete their digital work. Depending on the assignment, the turn-around time for a grade may differ.
Our teachers shared some helpful educational links to enhance at-home learning. We’ll continue to share more resources during the extended school closure:
Prek- Grade 8
If a student needs their login information for Freckle or MyOn, please email your child’s teacher.
- Freckle: (ELA, Math, Social Studies, and Science)
- MyOn (online books and activities)
- Scholastic Magazine
Social and Emotional Well-Being
- Talking to Children about COVID-19
- CDC Information on Managing Stress with COVID-19
- Sullivan County Department of Health Services
We thank everyone for their continued understanding, patience and support.
With Liberty Pride,
Dr. Patrick Sullivan