Dear Class of 2020 and Parents/Guardians:
The live graduation ceremony to officially complete your high school education is almost here! We look forward to seeing the LHS Class of 2020 together once last time. We have made a significant effort to confirm which graduates will be attending and I am happy to report that almost the entire class will be in attendance. A few reminders about our live graduation ceremony at Bethel Woods on Friday, June 26.
LHS Live Graduation Ceremony
- Where: Bethel Woods – park in the parking lot opposite the museum and proceed towards the gates.
- When: Friday, June 26, with a rain date of Saturday, June 27
- Time: 5:30 p.m. for Graduates to rehearse and take a class photo (that will be hung in the hallway at LHS)
7:00 p.m. for live streaming on our Liberty CSD YouTube channel
- Only graduates can attend the ceremony.
- There can be no social gathering or tailgating in the parking lot, road, or vicinity of Bethel Woods.
- Any change to the event due to weather will be made by 3 p.m. on June 26.
- Save any flower bouquets for your graduate until after the ceremony.
- Graduates should wear a facemask. A Liberty facemask will be provided at the entrance.
- Graduates should bring their yearbook.
- Graduates will be mailed a 5×7 photo of them receiving their diploma at the live graduation.
- Graduates will receive their commencement package containing their diploma, a 5×7 photo receiving their diploma at virtual graduation, a USB Flash drive of the virtual graduation ceremony, a graduation program, and any earned scholarships, and awards.
Reminders and Tips
- Wear your cap and gown, and remember your tassel, sashes, and cords.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be doing much more walking than virtual graduation.
- Bring anything you may need to help your cap stay on or keep your hair in place (bobby pins, etc.)
Thank you for your continued support and if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Stay safe and healthy.
All the Best,
Derek Adams, Principal