The Liberty Central School District, together with the Liberty Network Group, will be hosting a series of free movie screenings and/or discussions in effort to build a healthier Liberty.
The more we know, the healthier we are. Please mark your calendar for any or all of the following events. Specific information about each event will be announced on www.libertyk12.org.
The following sessions will take place at Liberty High School. RSVPs are strongly encouraged.
- Sept. 21: “Exploring Addiction in Liberty” – a community discussion on substance abuse prevention and resources from 7-8 p.m.
- Oct. 25: “Screenagers” – a community screening of an important film regarding impact screen time and its effect on the developing adolescent mind from 6:45-8 p.m.
- February 15: “Sugar Rush” – a community screening of an film about sugar, how easy it can be to overconsume sugar and its effect on young children from 6:45 – 8 p.m. Dental hygiene, diabetes, blood pressure and BMI screenings will also be available.
- March 15: “Movement and Math Night” – Let’s get moving and experience math in a whole new way from 7-8 p.m. This event will be fun for the whole family!
- May 17: “Liberty Fit Family Health Expo” – the healthy series finale from 6-8 p.m. This will be a night to remember! Featuring cooking demos, movement, community health organizations, raffles, giveaways and inspiration to live a healthier life!