The Liberty Central School District is enacting several new transportation protocols to help keep our students safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
For students beginning school in-person on Sept. 9 and Sept. 10
- If your child will be going to a location other than the home address provided, you must notify the school’s main office by 10 a.m. Friday, Sept. 4. (Unless you have already done so this school year.)
- After Sept. 4, change requests must be made in writing to the school office:
– Change requests received before the second Friday of the current month will take effect on the fourth Friday of the current month.
– Change requests received between the second and fourth Friday of the current month will take effect on the second Friday of the following month.
- Change requests cannot be made by the school without proper prior notice, as outlined above, to the bus company.
For all Students
- Students will socially distance while on the bus and will sit in assigned seats.
- Masks must be worn.
- Department of Health school bus capacity restrictions means there is a strict limit on how many students can ride a bus. Rolling V, which provides bus service for our students, will need advance notice for all changes to student transportation requests.
- Change requests cannot be made last minute nor on a daily basis. If your child cannot ride their scheduled route, you will need to arrange transportation.
- Families must provide prior notification to the school (Elementary, Middle, or High) of any permanent transportation changes.
- Check out this video, which explains what the new safety procedures will look like: