Liberty High School’s spring musical, “Guys and Dolls,” will take the stage April 5-6 featuring the exploits of street gamblers Nathan Detroit and Sky Masterson, and the women who try to reform them.
The show will take place at 7 p.m. in the high school auditorium.
The show, with music and lyrics by Frank Loesser and book by Jo Swerling and Abe Burrows, debuted on Broadway in 1950. A 1955 film adaptation starred Marlon Brando and Frank Sinatra. The show features the song “Luck Be a Lady” and many other tunes.
Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students/senior citizens. Tickets may be purchased at the door on a first-come, first-served basis.
Cast members are under the guidance of Emily McConnell (Director), Timothy Hamblin (Music Director), Dan McConnell (Orchestra Director), Kathleen Johansen (Lighting/Sound), Mike Diehl (Set Design), Jenn Desrochers (Costumes and Props) and several parent volunteers.
The cast list is below, organized by character name and student.
- Nicely-Nicely: Cascio Fonseca
- Benny Southstreet: Tyler Black
- Arvide Abernathy: Anthony Carrion
- Nathan Detroit: Michael Perez
- Sky Masterson: Tanner Parks
- Rusty Charlie: Chase Racette
- Lt. Brannigan: Gabe Desrochers
- Angie the Ox: Melanie Graham
- Sarah Brown: Emily Kinne
- Miss Adelaide: Chloe Ricco
- Mimi: Kat Fonseca
- Agatha: Ysabel Manzi
- Martha: Gabby Fontana
- Allison: Jordan Raynor
- General Cartwright: Rory Magie
- Ferguson: Corrine Hellerer
- General Cartwright: Tatiana Hinkley
- Waitress: Abigail Kelly
- Havana Guest: Emily Lutz
- Hot Box Ladies: Jordan Raynor, Corrine Hellerer, Katarina Fonseca, Tatiana Hinkley, Brooke Nichols, Abigail Kelly, Emily Lutz, Melanie Graham