Dear Liberty families,
I hope you had a wonderful summer. Everyone at the Liberty Central School District is very excited to welcome you back to the 2019-2020 school year.
The past couple of months have been busy at Liberty. This summer, the administrative team planned for the second phase of our Three Frameworks: Professional Learning Communities , Multi-Tiered System of Supports, and the Substitution, Augmentation, Modification and Redefinition Model (technology integration). We worked on curricular updates to strengthen our educational program as we transition to the Next Generation Learning Standards. We are planning our High School Makerspace Program to provide continual opportunities for our students who experienced our K-8 Makerspace Program.
All of this means we are ready to make great things happen in every one of our classrooms – and there’s more news:
- Our Buildings and Grounds team worked tirelessly to get our athletic fields ready for our students as we conclude the drainage project. The fields look wonderful, and I’m looking forward to watching our Liberty teams return to the fields and courts.
- This school year, for the first time, every middle and high school student will have access to a Chromebook, ensuring that they have the technology and tools they need to help them succeed. We will continue using iPads at the elementary school.
- We’ve also focused on increased security and updated our camera system throughout the district. We’ve added a new School Resource Officer and now have an officer for each building, and our new visitor procedures will help keep everyone safer than ever before.
- We welcomed new staff at our New Teacher Orientation, providing information for our new team members to ensure their success at Liberty.
- We have beautiful new signs in front of each of our four buildings greeting students, staff, and the Liberty community.
Our focus in the district remains constant. We believe all children can learn. We care about each and every student, and we aim to show it by providing our best efforts as teachers, administrators, mentors and advocates to our entire student population.
With Liberty Pride,
Dr. Augustine E. Tornatore
Superintendent of Schools