I understand that many of our parents and students, as well as our staff, are concerned about recent reports regarding a former Liberty High School student. In particular, over the weekend some social media posts came to my attention that need to be addressed.
While it has been confirmed by law enforcement that the former student is disgruntled and that his statements and behavior are of great concern, the rumors that have been circulating require some correction.
First, be assured that at no time have there been any threats made directly to current students or to Liberty schools, nor has the individual made any attempts to approach our buildings.
Also know that the district is working closely with the Liberty Police Department and this situation is being very closely monitored by law enforcement and district administration.
As always, safety and security is our number one priority and we take it very seriously. Liberty’s District Wide Safety Plan is posted to the district website, and highlights of our safety and security efforts include:
- Liberty Police Department SROs are assigned to each school building
- Surveillance cameras on all campus
- A strict visitor management system and security vestibules at all schools which prevents unauthorized individuals from entering the buildings
- LCSD safety teams meet regularly, and safety drills are conducted throughout the year
- All LCSD staff members are required to wear visible identification badges
- Specialized alert systems allow staff to immediately contact first responders in an emergency
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me or your SRO.
With Liberty Pride,
Dr. Augustine E. Tornatore, Superintendent