Third-grade classroom temporarily moved to new location

Exhaust from a boiler set off a carbon monoxide alarm over the weekend

 

On Sunday, March 31, the Liberty Fire Department responded to a carbon monoxide alarm that went off in Mrs. Houghtaling’s third-grade classroom at Liberty Elementary School and ventilated the building.

Prior to the start of school on Monday, April 1, the fire department tested the classroom for evidence of carbon monoxide. Although no evidence of carbon monoxide was detected, Mrs. Houghtaling and her students have been moved to a new classroom as a precautionary measure until safety inspectors from Sullivan County BOCES can perform a thorough air quality check later this week. The boiler is being repaired.

A letter was sent home with students from Mrs. Houghtaling’s class. Parents and guardians will be updated regularly. Parents with additional questions should contact the elementary school main office.

Posted on Categories Archive