District residents will go to the polls on Tuesday, May 15 to vote on the proposed budget and elect three Liberty Board of Education members for the seats of Jennifer Desrochers, Karen Hook and Joyce Teed. All the seats are for 3-year terms.
The vote will be at-large, meaning that the three candidates with the highest amount of votes will fill the three vacant positions.
All interested candidates must file a petition and must be:
• a qualified voter of the district;
• at least 18 years old;
• able to read and write;
• a resident of the district for at least one year prior to the election; and
• the only member of his or her household on the schoolboard.
All interested candidates must file a petition and must NOT be:
• a convicted felon;
• a member of another public office position;
• removed from a school district office within one year of the election; and
• a current employee of the district.
Nominating petitions must be signed by at least 25 qualified district voters. Petitions are due to the District Clerk, Tania DeFrank, before 5 p.m. on Monday, April 16, 2018.
Are you considering running for a school board in Sullivan County?
The Sullivan County School Boards Association (SCSBA) will host a free workshop for any resident of Sullivan County who is planning to run, or considering running for a Board of Education position. The workshop will be held on Monday, March 19 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Sullivan County BOCES, Conference Room #1, located at 6 Wierk Ave. in Liberty. Please RSVP by Thursday, March 16 to SCSBA Executive Director Tania DeFrank at email@example.com or 845-866-6946.