A few reminders important reminders from Principal Adams about graduation and other upcoming senior events:
Senior Walk | Monday, June 14
The Senior Walk will be hld 10:30 am – 12 pm Monday, June 14. The Class of 2021, dressed in caps and gowns, will walk through each school building as a class for the last time. The experience culminates in the showing of a compiled video of their elementary experiences produced by Mr. Philips.
Lineup is at 10:30 a.m. in the high school cafeteria. Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow for temperature scans and questionnaires if you do not attend in person.
Senior Assembly | Monday, June 14
The Senior Assemply will be held 6-8 pm Monday, June 15. The Class of 2021 and LHS staff are invited to attend, and the event will include the presentation of awards. The senior assembly will be livestreamed and recorded.
Seniors should wear their caps and gowns.
Graduation | Friday, June 25
The 2021 graduation ceremony will be held Friday, June 25 at the Bethel Woods Terrace Amphitheater. (Rain date: Saturday, June 26)
- Arrival time for graduates: 5 p.m. for rehearsal and class photo
- Arrival time for guests: 6:30 p.m.
- Ceremony start time: 7 p.m.
Graduation will be live streamed and recorded.
things to know about graduation
- Each graduate is permitted three guests. Guests must present their ticket at the gate.
- All attendees must wear a face mask.
- There can be no social gathering or tailgating in the parking lot, road, or vicinity of Bethel Woods.
- Any decision regarding changes to the event due to weather will be made by 3 p.m. June 25.
- Guests should present flowers and other gifts to their graduate after the ceremony.
- Graduates will be mailed a 5×7 photo of them receiving their diploma.
- Graduates will receive a commencement package containing their diploma, a graduation program, and any scholarships and awards.
- Please complete the graduation health screener and contact tracing information prior to the ceremony (not more than 24 hours) for faster entrance. It can also be completed electronically or on paper upon arrival.
Tips for Graduates
- Wear your cap and gown, and remember your tassel, sashes and cords.
- Bring your yearbook!
- A Liberty facemask will be provided to graduates.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be walking through grassy and unlevel areas.
- Bring what you need to help keep your cap (bobby pins, etc.)