As the new school year approaches, parents are reminded to adhere
to the new arrival and dismissal procedures in order to facilitate
a safe and efficient arrival and dismissal for all Liberty
Elementary School students. Please refer to the diagram below to
understand the traffic flow and note the following procedures:
• The main entrance of Liberty Elementary School will open at
7:45 a.m. for walkers and drop-off students. Please do not arrive
before this time, as there is no supervision available and only
staff will be permitted into the school.
• “Kiss and Drop” is in the parking lot next to the public
library. At “Kiss and Drop”, parents and/or guardians will simply
kiss their child goodbye and drop them off at the sidewalk; the
driver does not get out of the car.
• School monitors will be available at “Kiss and Drop” to
direct students into the school through the North Main Street
• No adults will be permitted into the North Main Street door
– “Kiss and Drop” kids only!
• Parents and/or guardians who want to walk their children
into the building will need to park directly in front of the main
entrance of the building. Cars should park heading into the space
diagonally, and parents may escort their children through the main
entrance. Please do not park in the staff parking lot or in any
numbered parking spaces.
• Buses will park in back of the school in the bus lane for
student drop off. This means that parents can start parking and
walking in by the main entrance at 7:45 a.m. No traffic will be
permitted in the bus lane behind the school until after the buses
have left the campus at 7:50 a.m.
• To avoid bus congestion, it is advised not to arrive at
school until 7:45 a.m.
• Students are not considered late until after 8:05 a.m., at
which time they will need to receive a pass from the main office.
• Call the office before 1 p.m. for any changes in dismissal
procedures. Requests will not be taken after 1 p.m., except in
• Parent entrance and/or sign outs are prohibited between
• Dismissal begins at 2:40 p.m., but buses line up in the bus
lane at 2:30 p.m. Car traffic will not be admitted into the bus
lanes until after the buses have left.
• Students who are being picked up by a relative without a
vehicle will be dismissed through the main entrance and led down
to the sidewalk after the buses leave at approximately 2:50 p.m.
• Walkers will be dismissed through the playground doors
after buses leave at 2:50 p.m.
• Parents and/or guardians who are driving will be asked pull
up to the main entrance no earlier than 2:40 p.m. and wait in
their car until their child is released.