A message from the principal on senior activities
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students:
It’s an exciting time for our Class of 2023! The following letter includes information about the remaining senior events culminating in our graduation ceremony.
- Cap and Gown Parade: Thursday, June 1, 4-6 p.m.
The Senior and family (all cars arriving together if possible) will drive in the bus lane at the LHS entrance. The Senior pulls up to the front of the high school, stays in the car, and will be given their graduation Cap and Gown. The Senior then slowly drives through the rest of the bus lane and exits school grounds while LHS faculty and staff cheer for them.
- Senior Assembly: Monday, June 12, 6-8 p.m. in the David E. Panebaker (LHS) Auditorium
The Class of 2023, LHS staff, and parents/guardians are all invited to attend the Senior Assembly. Seniors wear their Cap & Gown to the event and need to arrive by 5:30 p.m.
- Senior Walk and Senior Picture: Tuesday, June 13, 8:10-10:30 a.m.
The Class of 2023 is invited to walk through each of the Liberty school district buildings as a class for the last time in their high school career. The experience includes the showing of a compiled video of their elementary experiences produced by 4th grade teacher, Mr. Philips. Seniors wear their Cap & Gown. LHS Senior Picture- Seniors report to the LHS gym at 8:15 a.m.
Seniors return their Chromebooks if they have no other tests.
- Senior Trip: TBD
- LHS Live Graduation Ceremony: Friday, June 23, 2023
Where: LHS Football Field
- Weather related back up plans:
- Plan B – Rain date of Saturday, June 24, depending on weather and field conditions.
- Plan C – Shift into the gymnasium depending on weather and field conditions. If shifted into the gym, only the eight (8) ticket holders may attend. Extra tickets can be exchanged from one graduate to another if they will not use them all.
- 5:00 p.m. for Graduates to rehearse and take a class photo (that will be hung in the hallway at LHS)
- 6:00 p.m. for guest arrival. Eight (8) guests per graduate for field seating. Additional guests may attend to sit outside of the track fencing if held on the football field. If shifted into the gym, only the eight (8) ticket holders may attend. Extra tickets can be exchanged from one graduate to another if they will not use them all.
- 7:00 p.m. Ceremony
- Guests enter through the Middle School Gymnasium entrance (just like football games).
- Each guest must bring their ticket to the track entrance gate.
- Any change to the event due to weather will be made by 3 p.m. on June 23.
- Save any flower bouquets for your graduate until after the ceremony.
- Graduates will be mailed a 5×7 photo of them receiving their diploma at graduation.
- Individuals requiring handicap access should park by the red administration building where golf carts will be stationed for transport to the field.
- Weather related back up plans:
- Directions and Tips for our Graduates:
- Wear your cap and gown, and remember your tassel, sashes, and cords (school issued).
- Students may only decorate the top of their cap. No other changes, decorations, or additions are allowed other than what is school issued (e.g. National Honor Society sashes).
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be walking through grassy, unlevel areas, and stepping onto metal bleachers.
- Bring anything you may need to help your cap stay on or keep your hair in place (bobby pins, etc.)
All the Best,
Derek Adams, Principal