The video of the Liberty High School graduation ceremony at Bethel Woods is now available. You may also watch the video below which shows the students in their virtual graduation ceremony in the Panebaker Auditorium at Liberty High School.
Please join the students and staff of Sullivan County BOCES for the Rubin Pollack Education Center Virtual Graduation on Tuesday, June 30, at 7:00 p.m.
Watch the ceremony live using the link https://www.scboces.org/graduation2020
This page also has videos for the awards ceremony for CTE: National Technical Honor Society and the Academic Achievement Recognition Ceremony.
Dear Class of 2020 and Parents/Guardians:
The live graduation ceremony to officially complete your high school education is almost here! We look forward to seeing the LHS Class of 2020 together once last time. We have made a significant effort to confirm which graduates will be attending and I am happy to report that almost the entire class will be in attendance. A few reminders about our live graduation ceremony at Bethel Woods on Friday, June 26.
LHS Live Graduation Ceremony
- Where: Bethel Woods – park in the parking lot opposite the museum and proceed towards the gates.
- When: Friday, June 26, with a rain date of Saturday, June 27
- Time: 5:30 p.m. for Graduates to rehearse and take a class photo (that will be hung in the hallway at LHS)
7:00 p.m. for live streaming on our Liberty CSD YouTube channel
- Only graduates can attend the ceremony.
- There can be no social gathering or tailgating in the parking lot, road, or vicinity of Bethel Woods.
- Any change to the event due to weather will be made by 3 p.m. on June 26.
- Save any flower bouquets for your graduate until after the ceremony.
- Graduates should wear a facemask. A Liberty facemask will be provided at the entrance.
- Graduates should bring their yearbook.
- Graduates will be mailed a 5×7 photo of them receiving their diploma at the live graduation.
- Graduates will receive their commencement package containing their diploma, a 5×7 photo receiving their diploma at virtual graduation, a USB Flash drive of the virtual graduation ceremony, a graduation program, and any earned scholarships, and awards.
Reminders and Tips
- Wear your cap and gown, and remember your tassel, sashes, and cords.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be doing much more walking than virtual graduation.
- Bring anything you may need to help your cap stay on or keep your hair in place (bobby pins, etc.)
Thank you for your continued support and if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Stay safe and healthy.
All the Best,
Derek Adams, Principal
To ensure no child goes hungry over the summer, the Liberty Central School District is providing a free and nutritious breakfast and lunch to kids and teens throughout the summer break.
Meals are available for pick up 9-11 a.m. each weekday morning at Liberty High School.
Parents are welcome to pick up food for their children, or kids can come on their own. Look for our Grab and Go spot at the High School and have a wonderful, healthy summer!
This is the seventh consecutive year that Liberty CSD has offered the program. Meals are provided to all children to age 18 years old without charge, there are no income requirements, and children and teens do not have to be enrolled in Liberty Schools to receive the meals.
Each year the art teachers at Liberty High School display works created by their students in many different mediums. This year that was not possible but the teachers decided to show off the efforts of their students by creating a virtual art show. Please enjoy the Liberty High School Virtual Art Show!
Each year Liberty High School presents academic awards and special scholarships for deserving Juniors.
Unfortunately, this year the awards could not be presented in person but a Google Slides presentation was created to honor all of these hard-working students.
Even though the awards could not be made in person to these students, they still deserve all the recognition and credit for their achievements. You can read the list of the awards and the recipients below.
You may also see the awards by viewing the Junior Awards and Scholarships.
Liberty High School
Junior Awards and Scholarships
Elmira College Key Award
Rensselaer Medal Program
Clarkson University Achievement Award
Clarkson University Leadership Award
University of Rochester Fredrick Douglas & Susan B. Anthony Award for Humanities
Laura Sandoval Padilla
University of Rochester Bausch & Lomb Honorary Science Award
University of Rochester George Eastman Young Leaders Award
University of Rochester XEROX Award for Innovation and Information
The Rochester Institute of Technology’s Innovation and Creativity Award
Wells College 21st Century Leadership Award
Student Sage Award
Saint Michael’s College Book Award for Academic Achievement
Keuka College George H. Ball Community Achievement Award
The 2019-2020 school year sure came with some surprises, and Liberty’s yearbook committees are working hard to create terrific yearbooks to commemorate it all.
Here’s an update on the status of this year’s publications:
High School Yearbook
- Cost: $68. If paying with cash please bring the exact amount. Make checks out to “Libertas.”
- How to order: There are a very limited number of High School yearbooks still available for purchase. You can order your 2019-20 “Libertas” LHS Yearbook here.
- The last day to pick up a yearbook is 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. June 23.
Middle School Yearbook
- Cost: $25
- How to order: Students ordered their yearbooks earlier this year, but a few are still available for purchase. Contact Ms. Canola at ccanola@LibertyK12.org
- When will they arrive? Middle School yearbooks are available for pick-up and purchase 8:30-11:30 a.m. at the entrance to the Middle School on the following schedule:
Social distance rules will apply, mask required.
- Grade 5: Monday, June 22
- Grade 6: Tuesday, June 23
- Grade 7: Wednesday, June 24,
- Grade 8: Thursday, June 25
Elementary School Yearbook
- Cost: $22.
- All Grade 4 students will get a FREE yearbook!
- How to order:
- Use the online payment system at https://create.blossom-books.com/CommunityBookSelect.aspx?bID=10332
- When will they arrive: The 2019-20 LES Yearbook will be distributed in Fall 2020.
- Questions? Email me Ltreible@libertyk12.org
LES students are invited to submit a cover design for the LES 2019-2020 Yearbook!
Artwork must be an original 8.5 x 11” design. The theme is “Young Heroes: How you’re doing your part to save the world.” Email submissions to Ltreible@LibertyK12.org by June 26.
Grade 4 Baby Photos
The yearbook will include a page LES Fourth Graders’ baby photos!
To participate, email the photo (JPEG please) to Ltreible@LibertyK12.org and write “Grade 4 ES Baby Photo” in the subject line.
The annual Wall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Reception, traditionally held the morning of the Liberty High School graduation ceremony, has been postponed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is hoped that the district will be able to host the Wall of Fame induction sometime in the fall.