Meet our new Middle School Principal!
Heather Cheh, who has served as assistant principal at Liberty High School, was appointed Middle School Principal by the Liberty Board of Education at its December meeting.
Ms. Cheh officially assumed the role of LMS principal on Dec. 11.
Staffing updates at the High School
The high school adminstrative team includes two assistant principals.
Ms. Tiffane Barrow will join the high school as assitant principal on Jan. 13, filling the vacancy left by Paul Brown. Ms. Barrow has already begun the process of meeting students and staff.
Also, Robert Peters will serve as Interim High School Assistant Principal, filling Ms. Cheh’s position until a new assitant is hired.
Visitors to Liberty Elementary School are asked to refrain from parking in the Ideal Supermarket parking lot.
The supermarket’s owners kindly ask that LES parents, guardians, and staff use the school’s parking lot.
Student of the Month, December 2019
- Grade 5: Allison Vasko
- Grade 6: Cameryn Will
- Grade 7: James Dworetsky
- Grade 8: Julia Juron
Student of the Month Criteria
- Academic: Grades (90% or higher in all classes), class participation, completing all work, self motivated, and going beyond basic expectations.
- Effort: Work hard and is persistent
- Character: Displays initiative, honesty, respect, responsibility, compassion, optimism
- Behavior: Referral free
- Social Relationships: Leadership, willingness to help peers, show respect
- Attendance: Good daily attendance and no excessive tardies
Liberty Pride Citizenship, December 2019
Liberty Pride Citizenship Awards Criteria
- Contributes to the community or school through service or volunteering
- Extra curricular activities
- Outstanding achievements
- Good character
- Hard work
- Take pride in their actions
- Positive treatment of others
- Make the community and school a better place
- Leader and role model
- Positive atitude
- Acceptance and tolerance of the differences in others
Bravo to the Liberty High School Orchestra, which performed a very special holidy concert at the Liberty Elks Lodge.
Local senior citizens were invited to the free performance, which was held on Dec. 11.
We are so proud of our talented student musicians!
“LES News,” a video newcast brought to you by our Liberty Elementary students with the expert assistance of teacher Tamika Terry, is a great way to learn about some of the terrific things happening in the elementary school.
Here’s the latest edition, along with some of the students’ earlier broadcasts:
See who has been hitting the books and starring in the classroom. The listings include Grades 5 to 8 with the names of students who are on the Honor Roll and Principal’s Honor Roll. For the entire list of name click on LMS Honor Rolls.