Rebuilding the lives they once knew is now a daily task for many residents across the island of Puerto Rico. To that end, the Liberty High School Interact Club will be hosting a 5K run to raise funds for the Puerto Rican Hurricane Relief Fund.
The Liberty High School Interact Club will be holding a 5K walk or run and children’s obstacle course and fun run in Liberty on Sunday, May 6.
Here’s what you need to know about the charity run on May 6:
- Walkers will take off first at 8:30 a.m., followed by the runners at 9 a.m. The walk-run route begins and ends at the high school and travels down Yaun Avenue, Chestnut Street, North Main Street and up West Liberty Road, and Winthop Avenue.
- The children’s obstacle course and fun run will take place around 9:15 a.m. along the Liberty High School’s main sidewalk. Children of all ages can participate in this run-at-your-own-pace obstacle course that features jump ropes, hula hoops and basket balls.
- Prizes will be given to the top three male and female overall finishers and to the top three male and female finishers in the following age groups: 10-Under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
- The race costs $20 per runner and walker and $15 per person in a team of five or more. The price will enroll you in the race but will also earn you a t-shirt and snacks. You can pre-register via EventBrite (coming soon) or by contacting Penny Medina at PMedina@libertyk12.org. You can also print a registration form here: 5k Registration Form
- You can also register on the day of the race (May 6.) Day-of registration takes place at 7:30 a.m. at will cost $25. T-shirts may not be guaranteed if you register on the day of the race.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. Interested sponsors should contact Dan Hart at DHart@libertyk12.org.
- 100 percent of the proceeds will go to the Puerto Rican Hurricane Relief Fund.
The high school’s Interact Club is a program of the Liberty Rotary Club that encourages service among youth, foster an active interest in the community, and offer opportunities to develop as leaders.