aug. 3, 2015
As the new school year approaches, parents are reminded to adhere to the new arrival and dismissal procedures in order to facilitate a safe and efficient arrival and dismissal for all Liberty Elementary School students. Please refer to the diagram below to understand the traffic flow and note the following procedures:
• The main entrance of Liberty Elementary School will open at 7:45 a.m. for walkers and drop-off students. Please do not arrive before this time, as there is no supervision available and only staff will be permitted into the school.
• “Kiss and Drop” is in the parking lot next to the public library. At “Kiss and Drop”, parents and/or guardians will simply kiss their child goodbye and drop them off at the sidewalk; the driver does not get out of the car.
• School monitors will be available at “Kiss and Drop” to direct students into the school through the North Main Street door.
• No adults will be permitted into the North Main Street door – “Kiss and Drop” kids only!
• Parents and/or guardians who want to walk their children into the building will need to park directly in front of the main entrance of the building. Cars should park heading into the space diagonally, and parents may escort their children through the main entrance. Please do not park in the staff parking lot or in any numbered parking spaces.
• Buses will park in back of the school in the bus lane for student drop off. This means that parents can start parking and walking in by the main entrance at 7:45 a.m. No traffic will be permitted in the bus lane behind the school until after the buses have left the campus at 7:50 a.m.
• To avoid bus congestion, it is advised not to arrive at school until 7:45 a.m.
• Students are not considered late until after 8:05 a.m., at which time they will need to receive a pass from the main office.
• Call the office before 1 p.m. for any changes in dismissal procedures. Requests will not be taken after 1 p.m., except in writing.
• Parent entrance and/or sign outs are prohibited between 2:25-2:50 p.m.
• Dismissal begins at 2:40 p.m., but buses line up in the bus lane at 2:30 p.m. Car traffic will not be admitted into the bus lanes until after the buses have left.
• Students who are being picked up by a relative without a vehicle will be dismissed through the main entrance and led down to the sidewalk after the buses leave at approximately 2:50 p.m.
• Walkers will be dismissed through the playground doors after buses leave at 2:50 p.m.
• Parents and/or guardians who are driving will be asked pull up to the main entrance no earlier than 2:40 p.m. and wait in their car until their child is released.