Events being held at both Liberty High School and Liberty Middle School
Show your Liberty PRIDE this Week!
During Spirit Week and Pride Weekend, the students at Liberty High School showcase their pride in their school. Activities include sporting events, a pep rally and the homecoming dance. Some of the games will be "under the lights". Here is a list of activities:
• Wednesday, Oct. 16: Girls Varsity Soccer vs. Fallsburg @ 4:30 p.m. - football field
• Thursday, Oct. 17: Volleyball vs. Monticello
4:30 p.m. - HS gym
• Friday, Oct. 18: Pep Rally @ 2:00 p.m. - HS Gym
• Friday, Oct. 18: Boys Varsity Soccer vs. Family School @ 4:00 p.m. - football field
• Friday, Oct. 18: Football Under the Lights - Homecoming game - Indians vs. Tri-Valley @ 7:00 p.m. - football field
• Saturday, Oct. 19: Homecoming Dance (for LHS students & approved guests ONLY)
6:30-10:30 p. m. - HS Cafeteria
Theme: Masquerade. Tickets ($5 each) will be sold during lunch periods from the October 15th through October 18th. Tickets will also be available at the door for $7. Masks will be sold for $2. Full face masks are not permitted.
PRIDE Week at the high school, will also include the following:
• Tuesday, Oct. 15th: Sports Team Day, wear a jersey from your favorite team
• Wednesday, Oct. 16th: Pink Out Day, support breast cancer awareness
• Thursday, Oct. 17th: Duck Dynasty Day, Waer camo hiding in your closet
• Friday, Oct. 18th: Spirit Day, wear as much red & white as you can!
Middle School to hold P.R.I.D.E. Rally Thurs.,
Rally (People Respecting Individual Differences Everyday) signifies the start of the 2013-14 anti-bullying initiative at LMS
Liberty Middle School proudly presents the first annual P.R.I.D.E. Rally (People Respecting Individual Differences Everyday) on Thursday, Oct. 17 at 2 p.m. in the middle school gymnasium.
The P.R.I.D.E. Rally is the kick off event for the 2013-14 Olweus Anti-Bullying initiative at LMS. The Olweus Bullying Prevention Program is a long-term, system-wide program for change involving program components at four levels: school classroom, individual and community.
The Oct. 17th program will feature a performance by the Liberty Middle School 7-8th grade chorus, cheers led by the LHS varsity cheerleaders and a conversation with LHS athletes about making good choices. Other guest speakers include Mr. Charlie Barbuti (Supervisor, Town of Liberty), Mr. Dan Ratner (Mayor, Village of Liberty) and Liberty School Resource Officer Devin Brust.
LMS students - don't forget to wear your RED and WHITE - the class with the MOST participation will be announced at the rally and RED MAN will be handing out random prizes as well!