Developing the annual school budget is a year-round process. Visit this webpage throughout the school year for updates on the annual school budget development process or click on the links at right for more information.
District residents have the final say on the annual school budget when they vote each May. Prior to that vote, several steps and a lot of work must take place to craft a balanced budget proposal. Budget development begins in the fall and winter.
Click here for the School Budget Development Calendar for important budget related board meetings and presentations.
Polls are open for district residents to vote from noon – 9
p.m. on Tuesday, May 16 at the Liberty High School gymnasium. If
you’re not sure if you’re registered,
It's time to get our facts straight. View fact sheets about the mandates, pensions, GEA and the tax levy limit (tax levy "cap"):
Mandates and Mandate Relief (PDF)
• Public Employee Pensions in NYS (PDF)
• New York's Tax Levy "cap" formula: How does it add up? (PDF)
• The three tax levy numbers under New York state’s tax levy “cap” (PDF)
• Raising the stakes for schools: Today's contingent budgets (PDF)
• Understanding New York's STAR Program (PDF)
Tax Bills Explained (PDF)
Fact Sheet (PDF)
115 Buckley Street
Liberty, NY 12754
Phone: (845) 292-6171
Fax: (845) 292-1164